The tree, below, was created with polymer clay, beads and
wire. I used only glass beads and a thin, but very strong steel
First I created the
base with polymer clay and worked around the base of the tree.
It was a little tricky with all the wires poking out, but the end
result was well worth it. I baked the clay - yes along with
the wire in the ceramic base.
I added acrylic paint to PVA glue and glued the base to the
container. The beads were added to the wire and the ends of each wire were
flattened. Again a little tricky as this was a steel wire and needed
substantial pounding without breaking the end beads. I then curled the wire ends and positioned the